About the Dale Clark Memorial Fund
Dale and Marsha Clark were together for over 30 years. They were best friends and soul mates in every sense of the word. Through many years together, Dale blazed new paths with Marsha, including that of loving spouse behind the powerful executive woman. He suffered many bad jokes, tacky remarks, and through it all maintained his grace, his dignity, and his wonderful sense of humor. He was forever Marsha's most powerful supporter.
In 2005, Dale fought an unsuccessful battle with cancer. His family asked if he wanted to identify a worthy cause for friends' contributions to honor his memory. In typical Dale style, he quickly and confidently asked that donations made in his honor support the efforts of Marsha Clark & Associates - women supporting women. Upon his passing, the Dale Clark Memorial Fund was created to provide scholarships for deserving entrepreneurial and trailblazing women who otherwise could not attend the Power of Self program.
About Marsha Clark & Associates' POWER OF SELF Program
The POWER OF SELF is a year-long development program, enhanced by individual coaching, that offers women greater clarity and a strategic framework for making deliberate choices in all dimensions of their lives. At the conclusion of the program, participants report substantial growth in their ability to:
- Provide confident leadership
- Gain clarity and self awareness
- Create more effective working relationships
- Develop greater trust in supporting and mentoring women
- Become a powerful resource for shared learning in their organization
About the Scholarship
Dale Clark Memorial Fund promotes this scholarship as an opportunity for a woman with unconventional leadership qualities. Those suited for this program possess a passion to help others grow, for self-improvement, self-awareness, and an overall commitment to increasing their leadership effectiveness. The POWER OF SELF spans a series of sessions from October 2017 through May 2018 (skipping months December & March). It is an in-depth program that challenges women to grow immeasurably, both personally and professionally. The scholarship recipient will participate in the program at no cost to her, other than travel, lodging and meals.
Previous awardees of the Dale Clark Memorial Scholarship are:
- POS 15 — Tiffani Davis & Susie Wolbe
- POS 16 — Manibala Jonnalagadda & Sheryldine Samuel
- POS 17 — Song Pardue
Dale Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund will award the following scholarship to the 2017-2018 POWER OF SELF program presented by Marsha Clark & Associates.
A seat in the POWER OF SELF Program will be awarded to one or two women based upon satisfaction of the application requirements that follow. Program sessions are conducted at the Hudson Foundation - 675 Randol Mill Ave. - in Southlake, Texas (30 mins. Outside of Dallas) and are scheduled on the following dates:
- Module 1 - Seeds of Power: The Journey Begins October 12-14, 2017 (Thurs-Sat)
Sponsors Workshop - October 27, 2017 (Friday)
- Module 2 - Self Awareness & Perceptions: November 15-18, 2017 (Wed - Sat)
- Module 3 - Building & Sustaining Trust: January 18-20, 2018 (Thurs-Sat)
- Module 4 - Group Dynamics: February 8-10, 2018 (Thurs-Sat)
- Module 5 - The Possibilities of Organizations: April 19-21, 2018 (Thurs-Sat)
- Module 6 - Emerging Greatness: May 17-19, 2018 (Thurs-Sat)
Follow-Up coaching June - September 2018
The scholarship has a value of $19,500 (the fee charged to paying participants), and includes the following:
- Meeting locations and supplies required for coursework
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Break Snacks and Drinks
- One-on-one coaching sessions scheduled independently between the participant and her coach
- Access to fellow global professional women who share your passion for personal growth
The scholarship does not include:
- Travel to and from the sessions in Southlake, Texas
- Evening Meals
- Rental car, phone calls, tolls and other incidental travel-related costs
Access to Southlake is convenient via either DFW International Airport or Love Field.
Additional lodging information will be provided once this information has been confirmed.
The original application and supporting documents must be submitted together and compiled as a single packet. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Applications are due Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM (CDT). Applications may be submitted by completing the form below.
Selection and notification will occur no later than Friday, September 15, 2017.
The following constitutes a complete application packet:
- A signed and completed Scholarship Application, which consists of completion of the form below.
- A current resume. Resumes to include complete information regarding the following areas in this order: personal data, education, employment history, technical or other certifications, volunteer service and extra-curricular activities, professional memberships, leadership experience, and awards or other achievements earned. You will have an opportunity to upload your current resume as you complete the application form below.
- Responses to the following questions, each response not to exceed 150 words. Enter your responses in the form below.
- Why are you interested in this program?
- What are your current or desired pursuits? How do they connect with your passions?
- What obstacles have you faced and overcome? How did you do so?
- How you would use this experience to enhance the future of others?
- Why are you the woman to receive this particular scholarship?
- Three letters of recommendation, each not to exceed one double-spaced, typed page. The letters shall address the applicant's accomplishments, skills, and how they would leverage this experience to the benefit of others. Each recommendation letter must contain the name, address and phone number of the person making the recommendation, how long the person has known the applicant and the nature of their relationship. You will have an opportunity to upload your letters of recommendation as you complete the application form below.
A Power of Self graduate shall write at least one recommendation.
Once applications are submitted, the Dale Clark Memorial Scholarship Committee will evaluate all complete submissions. The screening process will take place in August 2017. Personal interviews will be conducted with the top 3 finalists. Then, the scholarship recipient will be notified of their award by Friday, September 15, 2017 and will receive program information directly from Marsha Clark and Associates.
2017 - 2018 Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Scholarship applicants who are seeking this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Currently leading in a non-conventional environment
- Track record that demonstrates creative, innovative and effective leadership with quantifiable results
- Demonstrates a passion to support the growth of others
- Meets U.S. resident or passport requirements in terms of entry and exit from the country to ensure consistent attendance and participation
- Has not received a Dale Clark Memorial scholarship
- Agrees to serve on the Scholarship Committee for a minimum of 2 years following the recipients participation in POS
- Available for the entire program. Should the applicant miss more than 2 full days, their scholarship could be at risk of being rescinded.
Other criteria that will be used in selecting scholarship recipients are:
- Volunteer service, extracurricular activities and professional memberships of the applicant
- Leadership experience of the applicant
- Awards received or other achievements earned by the applicant
- Employment history
Please contact the Dale Clark Memorial Scholarship Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class 18 (2017-2018)
Power of Self Scholarship Application
Applications are due Friday, August 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM (CDT).
Selection and notification will occur no later than Friday, September 15, 2017